HOME ABOUT IT SUPPORT AWARDS CONTACT US JOBS
Senior Research Scientist (Mountain View)
ELORET is seeking a Senior Research Scientist to develop a dynamic (real time) pattern classification, regression for array based chemical sensors in the emerging field of nanotechnology for applications in missions of interest to NASA and other government agencies. The part-time position will involve technical oversight and task leadership responsibilities. The candidate should be willing to work at a reduced time fraction (as low as 60%).
The successful candidate will serve as a technical expert and recognized authority in nanoelectronics based sensors and intelligent sensing systems.
The candidate will contribute new designs or techniques to advance or open the way for further sensors development with emphasis on new algorithm development for machine learning and multivariate statistical/regression analysis of data from array based chemical sensing system development.
The candidate will also initiate system study efforts, define areas of study, monitor study and review approaches, and evaluate study results for conclusions affecting overall systems.
Anticipated contributions to the project include inventing new designs, or techniques for intelligent sensing systems that solve important applied problems with unprecedented or novel aspects.
The work requires maintaining a high level of technical expertise in the fundamental areas of chemical sensors and structural materials. NASA, the Department of Homeland Security, the Military, medical device manufacturers, and other private companies have chemical sensing, medical diagnosis, safety prevention, and other industrial applications for the developing technology, which uses nanoelectronics, nano-sensors, and nanoelectromechanical devices (NEMS),
The position involves remaining informed of the rapid developments in basic research (low technology readiness levels) occurring in this field within NASA, other government agencies, and the academic community.
Required Knowledge and Skills
To be eligible for this employment opportunity, candidates must have at least 10 years experience in algorithms development associated with chemical sensors development that specifically includes:
• Developing a real time (dynamic) pattern classification, regression, and data fusion based on hybrid sensing technologies and sensors network
• Developing a suite of GUI programs for the whole pipeline of data analysis, diagnosis, linked-graph analysis, root cause analysis, and scenario analysis
• Applying machine learning (e.g. Support Vector Machine), feature extraction, multivariate temporal time-series analysis, multivariate regression analysis to the chemical sensor data
• Utilizing the support vector regression, Bayesian Networks, Hidden Markov Models, Artificial Newral Network, estimation theory, optimization, and various multivariate statistical techniques to help the chemical sensor development
Ph.D. degree in chemistry or materials science
Employees receive a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a 401(k) plan.
All candidates must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents.
ELORET Corporation is a small, progressive firm primarily offering research and engineering contract and consulting services to clients in government and industry. Located in the heart of "Silicon Valley," our major focus has been to perform contract research at NASA-Ames Research Center.
To apply for this position, email a copy of your resume to Jan Heinemann: firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing Job- EC-092910-T42
ELORET Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain policies and practices that are designed to prevent discrimination against any qualified employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, and medical condition to the extent protected by law. This policy of nondiscrimination applies to all employment practices, including hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, training, and termination.
• OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities
• Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
• Please, no phone calls about this job!
• Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.